Final degree show

The website for the final year degree show has now gone up. The exhibition is called Studio309, and will take place from this Saturday 14th until next Friday 20th June. Details of opening times, and previews of work can be found on site. If you’re in Huddersfield or up north then stop by and take a look. It’s free!

Anyone else think the logo looks like pieces of Meccano and a couple of flat head screws?

6 Comments

1. Comment Details
    Authored by Phil Bowell
    Posted June 12, 2008 at 8:13 pm | Comment Permalink

It seems weird to think that a year ago I was doing my degree shows. Hope you enjoy the occasion and get some good contacts built up. Are you doing any of the London based shows? (D&AD, New Designers?)

2. Comment Details
    Authored by Dave
    Posted June 12, 2008 at 9:30 pm | Comment Permalink

Phil,

I had a look at the D&AD New Blood exhibit a while back and unfortunately the Uni. of Huddersfield isn’t a member of the D&AD university network. Have just sent an email to the higher-ups telling them that we should be! Will see what comes of that.

As for the New Designers exhibit, I didn’t know anything about that and have just requested more information.

So thanks for those links. They were mucho helpful! If I can get anything into the New Designers thing at this late stage then considering you’re only 30 minutes from London I expect you to be there! I love noseying around in peoples link backs! :D

3. Comment Details
    Authored by Phil Bowell
    Posted June 12, 2008 at 10:02 pm | Comment Permalink

I’d certainly do my best to get there. I hope you do make it in even at this late stage. Its a great opportunity to make some connections in the industry. I managed to get a couple of placement offers from the show, which is invaluable experience.

Hope you enjoyed having a nose through my blog :-)

4. Comment Details
    Authored by Dave
    Posted June 13, 2008 at 3:30 pm | Comment Permalink

Had work back from the higher ups. Looks like it’s a no go. :(

Although they might be doing it for next year, so next years graduates can benefit from it.

Ahh well. I still might go to the show if I can.

5. Comment Details
    Authored by Bronson Harrington
    Posted June 18, 2008 at 4:14 pm | Comment Permalink

Hi David, the site looks great and I am quite chuffed to be the first to stumble upon it. What struck me was the high standards that you and your colleagues have set - WOW!

Your work stands out for me, along with the feel.click.connect project by Nicola, which also rocks.

Big up, and Godspeed - thanks for the educational eye candy.

6. Comment Details
    Authored by Dave Bowker
    Posted June 18, 2008 at 4:30 pm | Comment Permalink

Hey Bronson,

Thanks. I’m glad you liked the project, and all projects for that. I will let Nicola know that you liked her stuff. I’m sure she’ll appreciate it.

(In the Apple store on Regent St. about to find out my final grade. I know right!)

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

Comment Info
  • Make sure to follow up your comments by subscribing to the email updates.
  • If you would like to follow the discussion but don't yet want to comment, then subscribe to the post RSS here.
  • If you're posting code, make sure you run it through Elliot Swans' Postable before you submit as it may not display correctly otherwise.